Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Makeup Removers Review

Hey there,

Don't you just hate it when you have all this gorgeous makeup on and at the end of your day, you have to go through the pain of taking it ALL off? Yep, that is how I feel. Secure bases for eyeshadow application, heavy eyeliner, multiple coats of mascara, foundation, blush, bronzer, highlighter, and why don't we throw some red lips in there as well... So much work, no wonder some people don't even take it off. But, that's bad! So you must work harder, right? Well, the answer is no. All you need to do is find the perfect makeup remover for your skin. I am one of those people who will try any new makeup removers on the market - gels, liquids, wet towels, etc. Some also cost more than anyone is willing to fork out of their pockets. Based on my experience, I have a few words of wisdom.

My favorite makeup remover is from Lancome, the famous Bi-Facial Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, which comes in a liquid form in a very cute packaging. You get familiar with a blue bottle with a rose in it, so gorgeous. I love it because it removes everything. When you wash your face after removing your makeup, no marks of makeup are visible. You pay $26 for 4.2 oz of product - pretty expensive! I got mine at a Macy's Lancome counter. It can be hard to find, sometimes. And it does have an oil-y feel to it, so, I will not repurchase it.

Almay Oil-Free Makeup Remover Liquid - The company claims that it is America's #1 makeup remover brand. I love Almay's products because they are so eco-friendly and natural (for people with allergies) but this one disappointed me. It takes off a good part of my makeup but I have to soak many cotton balls to get the desired result. I feel I waste so much product by using this bottle. The liquid itself feels harsh on the skin half the time, as if it resists being put it contact with it. I found that it feels very water-y. I think it is worth a try because it only costs a few dollars at any drugstore, but when there are alternatives, skip this. I have not tried the towelettes though. Maybe I'll decide to do that soon.

Neutrogena Oil-Free eye makeup remover - Again, a liquid form. You can find it at any drugstore. I got mine at CVS; 5.5 oz. of product for $7.99, I believe. This stuff works! It takes off a good majority of my makeup (lukewarm water can do the rest of the work) and does not irritate my skin. It is so easy to use and glides onto your skin. I really would love to try the gel form of it, which comes with a great pump. Perhaps on my next trip to Target.

Towelettes - Neutrogena, Target brand, Garnier Frutis, etc. I personally do not prefer using them because they make the job so much harder. I love the feeling of a soft towel next to my skin, but when I have to scrub to get rid of mascara, I know I am in trouble. These generally do not dry out on me, and I always get less than a 50 count. I do the trick of turning them halway so that they all remain soaked in makeup remover. They tend to smell a lot better than liquids, which is a bonus in my opinion. If you are an experimenter like me, give them a try.

My mother is not much of a makeup wearer, but the one trick she showed me when I began wearing makeup is to use natural ingredients to remove everything. I tried many oils (coconut and almond, basically because I love the two). Last stop was - olive oil, the miracle! It works perfect and I know it is working with my skin, instead of against it. After using it, my skin will feel soft to the touch and clean. I always run to olive oil for removing makeup (especially in the last few months since I have not bought any makeup remover). I waited to run out of them all and have filled the bottles with olive oil, after cleaning them of course. If you have Extra Virgin Olive Oil available, use it. If not, I find that good quality olive oil does the trick just as fine. And the best part is, chances are you have it in your pantry! So when you run out of any makeup remover you use, grab that bottle and help yourself =)

So these have been my experiences, my lovelies. Granted, I have tried many more that I feel were not worth mentioning or it might have been a long time ago. I also have tons to try in the near future. If you have any suggestions for me or questions about any of the above, go ahead and ask them, that is what I am here for.

~ TheBeautyBebe

PS. Thanks to my first follower/subscriber for the suggestion for today's post. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment