Sunday, January 17, 2010

Clinique Foundation Review

Hey there, Font size
The first thing I need to say is that I am in love with foundation. Now let's move on to the purpose of this product review.

Spotlight on: Clinique's "Almost Makeup" Foundation

I got mine for $21 at a Macy's counter, where I was able to get a shade matched to my skintone. My color is in 03 - Medium. Unfortunately, this comes in only 6 shades: Neutral, Fair, Neutral Fair, Light, Medium, and Deep. It is technically a tinted moisturizer, hence the name "almost makeup." However, from what I have experienced with it, I see it as a liquid foundation since it works like any other regular foundation. I suggest buying this at some sort of sale the Clinique or the store has. I do not suggest buying it online because I believe you would be way off in finding the right color for you. And we all have had bad experiences with foundation colors! I am usually around the medium color range in most foundations from any brand; however, with this one, I was originally going to get Light, since Medium seemed too far on the other side of the spectrum. Obviously, I was wrong and I needed the MUA to show me so.

This foundation is generally matte and gives a really dewy look which I love. So not completely matte in my opinion. It has a sheer coverage, which is great for those lazy days when I just need a thin layer to cover a few imperfections. It also has SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 15, an ideal number for me (someone who never wears sunscreen, shame on me, I know!). It can last for many hours, such as a whole school day/work day. It is quite easy to take off. I stay away from makeup remover when taking off face makeup. Cleanser and water is enough for me. This does need to be set with a powder, whether translucent or with a shade.

I think this is great for dry skin, because it has moisturizer in it, yay. For normal skin, like mine, I'd say use fewer product because too much can make you look like you have oily skin. For those of you out there with oily skin, I have to tell you to stay away from it because it will worsen how your skin looks. As everything else from Clinique, it's fragrance free.

I have finished most of the bottle (1.5 fl oz/45 ml); I may be in the last 1/5 of it. It has lasted me for a long time, maybe 6 months. I do alternate between foundations. But this is my go-to because of its ease of application (gotta love using your hands for putting this on). The only down side about this, for me, is that it has a pink tint instead of a yellow one. Given my tan skin, it can make me look too hype and rosy. I have found a solution to that though - lightly applied powder foundation to top it (which also strengthens the coverage of this tinted moisturizer). I can honestly say it has never broken me out so far, so big thumbs up for that. Overall, I give this product an A because it is simply amazing.

For all of us lazy makeup addicts who sometimes wake up and have no time to do a full face makeup - this is perfect and I am in love with it. It has the miracles of SPF, moisturizer, natural looking finish, and sheer coverage. Go check it out and tell me how you feel about it. I highly recommend it.

PS. - I might not repurchase this once I am finished because I want to try so many other foundations.

~ TheBeautyBebe

No comments:

Post a Comment