Are you someone who loves taking care of your nails and hands? Yep? Then keep reading...
Spotlight on: Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme
In its packaging
Already hit pan (you can see my finger mark)
This is one of my HG products, in the nail care category. I got this from a drugstore for a couple of bucks; check your local CVS, they carry Burt's Bees for sure. It comes in the form of a small, round, tint jar. It also comes in a larger size, which I imagine you could use at home, in your nightstand for example. I really like the packaging because it fits anywhere and it stays moist, due to the way it "locks" itself after you close it. There must be some geometry involved in the making of its circular shape. The way you use this is by sticking your finger in the jar, quickly swiping some creme on top of all your nails; then, after all nails have been coated, just massage it for about 5 mins. If you do this after taking a shower or bath, it is much easier for the product to permeate to your weak cuticle areas, since they are still open and moist. You should follow this regime all the time, for the benefit of nail care. What I like about it:
- Burt's Bees is 100% natural and does not test on animals.
- The price is reasonable for the great quality product you get. Not that cheap, but still affordable.
- As the name hints, it contains a lemon scent and coloring. True lemon smell without it being overpowering!!!
- The ingredients include almond oil, beeswax, lemon oil, cocoa butter, rosemary leaf oil, sunflower oil, etc. These are all amazing for your skin and do not irritate it in the absolute.
- My own discovery has suggested to me that this also helps with nail growth and strengthening. I have not been using any other new product besides this one, and my nails have been growing tremendously. My nails have not been cracking or splitting.
- Not only does this lemon butter cuticle cream smell good but it also makes your nails whiter, because that is a property of lemon juice. So, if your nails have gotten a bit yellow due to intense nail polishes, this product offers that great extra help.
- Just like the feel of butter, it is super soft and easy to use.
- Double long lasting power - One refers to the longevity of the product itself in the jar. I have been using this twice a day, for over a month and I just dented it yesterday. It will take a long time until you hit pan on it. The other meaning refers to the creme in your nails. Just like skin creams/lotions, your cuticle area and nail absorbs it after massaging for a few minutes. If you do this at night, you will notice a huge difference in your nails' softeness the next morning. Please, do make sure to wash your hands and clean the area under your nail with some kind of nail brush. If there is any dirt, it will stop the creme from getting directly to your nail, which is counterproductive. So clean hands and nails = easier access to nail bed and cuticles.
- It does not make your hands and nails feel oil-y after use. It can also be combined with hand cream/lotion, so you can treat your skin and your cuticles at the same time.
- Great friend to recovering nail bitting addicts, like me ;)
I would not hesitate to recommend this cuticle cream. Have you tried it before? Thumbs up or down for you? If YOU have any suggestions in this field, tell me; I'd love to hear it.