Sunday, March 21, 2010

Candle Review

Hey there,
So going along with the theme of posts on new topics, I'll review a candle today. I love burning candles, but I am quite peculiar about the scents. Being the kind of gal that absolutely adores sweets scents such as Bath and Body Works' Warm Vanilla Sugar, I was bought in right away by:

Spotlight on: Slatkin & Co.'s Vanilla Shortbread.

You can find it at Bath and Body Works, which is scent heaven!!! I believe it runs for $19.50 for 14.5 oz/411 grams. I am not completely sure because I got this as a Christmas gift from my friend M. I am also not sure whether you can get a smaller size, if you would just like to try it out. Do your research on their website and see. You are getting a lot of product for the price, trust me. It comes in a glass jar which has a tin lid that has Slatkin & Co. imprinted on it. There is a rubber between the lid and the jar itself. This is what the label on the bottom says:

Highly frangranced candle created exclusively by Harry Slatkin and developed and tested by our team of Home Frangrances experts. Made using the highest concentration of frangrance oils, an exclusive blend of vegetable eax and lead-free wicks for optimal performance. Burn time of approximately 40-65 hours. Warning: Do not burn candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time. Allow to cool before relighting. Keep out of drafts.

I am so addicted to it, it's unbelievable how fast my money runs out over there. You will want to eat this candle! It's delicious and rich in "flavor." I can almost guarantee it. Not only does it smell yummy but it even looks yummy. It definitely reminds me of the vanilla shortbreak cookies, even though I don't like them (for their texture, not their smell). And come on, it even has little chunks in it. I think they're cinnamon because I personally feel that there is an extremely light cinnamon scent in it. I can almost smell nutmeg in it too. I don't know; maybe it's both, or maybe it's neither. To my own perception of the scent, it sometimes can smell lemon-y, but that doesn't b0ther me as I like the mixture of different oils that you get in it.

Do not doubt the ability of this candle: what you smell IS what you will get. Within a few seconds, the whole room begins to smell like the candle itself does. The room's smell is quite true to what you smell one inch away from the wax. That can lead you to only needing to burn it for a few minutes, if you just desire a light scent (and by light, I don't mean this is a light scent; I mean as in the longer you burn the candle, the bigger the intensity of its scent). If you are a fanatic like mysaelf, burn away - there's no need to stop. I would repurchase this a million times, if I ever need to haha.


*Pictures will follow later*

~ TheBeautyBebe

No comments:

Post a Comment