Saturday, February 6, 2010

Exfoliater Review

Wow... It's been so long since I haven't blogged. The snow outside has me on a blogging mood. So here I am. Lately, I have been addicted to exfoliators - both face and body.

Spotlight on: The Body Shop Nutmeg and Vanilla Body Scrub
I got this as a gift from my friend Ennie. So the price I found on the website (www.thebodyshop-usa.com) is $20 for 200 ml/8.4 fl oz. You can also purchase it in a 50 ml/1.69 fl oz jar (only part of a Christmas Limited Edition Gift Set). The packaging is cute and simple. It comes on a jar with a warm toned theme. The jar itself is clear which allows you to see how much product you have in there. The scrub itself is a cream color, a mixture of milky body wash with dark brown sugar (or honey, I think it's honey) & nutmeg (which is walnut shells turned into powder, or in this case rougher than powder) granules. It is meant for body use so I wouldn't recommend as a face scrub; it is a bit rougher than necessary.

The title is truthful to the smell - pure nutmeg and vanilla scent that will permeate the room. When I use this in the shower, I don't need any bath gels or anything that I usually use for a nice ambience and smell. This does the trick. As the website says, it will make you nostalgic, a feeling I love. You might have to stop yourself from trying to eat this thing, sooo delicious hehe. However, the scent won't stay in your skin for long after you cleanse it. If you are a fan of the frangrance like I am, your best bet is buying a lotion part of the line.

The granules are very chunky. Sometimes they will stay on the rim of the jar and stop you from fully closing it so make sure to clean the sides. I usually begin scrubbing by taking product from the rim and then moving on to the cap. I rarely need to dig in the jar itself. This also saves me from allowing water get into the jar. If you are afraid that might happen to you, try pouring a little of the scrub into the cap and then putting the jar away from water contact, since you won't need it.

On to how effective the product is...
I really like using this on my knees and ankles. Use circular motions around any area of your body for better rresults. If your skin is so dry to the point of seeing cracks in it, stay away from a scrub because it could make it bleed. Try some conditioning on it (whether it's home remedies or store solutions) and then use this scrub. It works miracles during those lazy days I forget putting lotion on my legs (yea, that's baaad!). I will use this three times a week max, sometimes it works better every third day or so. The honey makes your skin soft and nutritions it after the scrub takes out the dirt out of your skin (remember, scrubbing depletes your skin's moisture so the honey is a major plus is ANY face or body scrub!).

Those are my thoughts. Maybe some day, I will blog about all of the items I have from this collection. Until my next post, stay warm and enjoy my blog :)

~TheBeautyBebe

No comments:

Post a Comment